Textile Design Assistant
Location: New York, New York
Richloom is a design leader and one of the largest textile manufacturers in the US, offering an invaluable commitment to sustainable products, remarkable styles and exceptional service. We supply fabric to the upholstery, decorative jobber, hospitality, over-the-counter retail, casual outdoor furniture, and RV industries.
Our outdoor performance brand, Solarium, combines decorative textiles with inherent performance qualities, offering beautiful prints and coordinated solid woven textiles that may be used to decorate the home inside and out. Our Solarium team is looking to hire a Textile Design Assistant to join our team based in NYC. You will work closely with the design team, along with studio maintenance and origination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare specifications for the print mill
- Collaborate in execution of print repeats and colorways based on seasonal trends
- Manage print tracking chart
- Keep records of all new artwork purchases
- Review strike-off’s when necessary
- Prepare and maintain fabric standard folders
- Organization/ maintain of bulk standards in studio
- Assist in creation of retail specific digital presentations
- Correspond directly with customers and follow up on color approvals
- Should have a degree in Textile Surface Design with an interest in home fashion at an entry level
- Must be proficient with Nedgraphics Suite and Adobe Creative Suite software including Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign
- Multitask at a quick pace
- Attention to detail and meticulously organized
- Ability to maintain an organized work schedule, follow up, and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Knowledge of textile design including cleaning files, repeats, color separation
- Health and Dental benefits
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Transit Check Program
- Two Weeks Vacation
To apply to this job, please email your resume to Morgan Schlaugies (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Textile Design Assistant as the email subject line.
*Please note this role is based out of our NYC office and you must be willing and able to come into the office regularly.